Sunday 29 April 2012

Work, Family, Health, Friends, and Spirit - Five balls by James Patterson


Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends, and integrity (your spirit) . And you're keeping all of them in the air. But one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls–family, health, friends, integrity–are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered. And once you truly understand the lesson of the five balls, you will have the beginnings of balance in your life.

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them - Work - Family - Health - Friends - Spirit, and you're keeping all of these in the air.

You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls -- family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered.

Totally agreed. To me my spirit is the most important thing as well as my family - actually Mom. She needs lots of attention before going back to nature. I know as a human being, we need to answer the nature's call, my mom will do the same at most in 50 yeas. Sometimes I was mean to her, even though I always aware of her problem, but I am a human being as well....so sometimes I was not friendly to her. I should keep this in mind more seriously. Time and resources are limited, and I should focus on something important in my life rather than other's criteria. Focus!

No comments: