Sunday 11 April 2010

iPad user experience

Finally I've got the iPad and now I am writing this article with my iPad. Whenever I was in the meeting or conference I wanted to have something easy to type and smaller than laptop in my hand but I could not find any useful devices so far. iPad is the device I was looking for and this is an amazing, beautiful and super fun device I ever had. .....except for virtual keyboard. Especially in horizontal mode, each key is rather bigger than my finger and also bigger than my hard apple keyboard. There are a little bit wider spaces between keys and thus it causes typing errors and the fill- in screen is rather small than in the viewer mode. I felt whenever I type in the input field or text area automatically target areas or input fields shrinks down a little bit and the virtual keyboard pops up in an enormous size. Who did design this virtual keyboard...????? This is pretty annoying situation: I lean on the couch, I want to write something but it is hard to read whenever I am typing and With both hands I am making key in errors with the huge virtual keyboard, and thus I ended up typing with two fingers. Oh, Please apple virtual keyboard designer, " consider my finger size in a horizontal modes!

No comments: